1/23/2010

Review of Casio Men's Sea Pathfinder Solar Atomic Watch #SPW1000-2V

This is an amazing watch, having more features than I will probably ever use.Atomic accuracy and never needing to change the battery were my primary requirements when I was looking for the perfect watch.I found those plus many more in the Casio SPW1000-2V.

Pros:I originally was concerned about the color of this watch and I couldnt bring myself to buy one of the black pathfinder watches that had a altimeter since I do scuba dive on occasion, and would never see the need for an altimeter.

I am very happy that I chose this, the color has more of a grey hue to it than the amazon stock photo has and the color on Casio's web site doesn't seem to do it justice either.

The watch itself is the largest watch I have ever worn, although it is light enough that you don't notice while wearing it.The viewable portion of the watch face is about the size of a fifty-cent piece.The photos that I have seen don't show a reference to scale the size.

Even though I live in the midwest, the watch updated itself while sitting in the middle of a 2nd floor bedroom, with a "3 of 3" signal strength.You can manually force an update with the Fort Collins time server if needed.

I use the auto light feature, which seems to place a large drain on the battery.The auto light comes on while driving when making turns.I placed the watch in a window for 3 hours and the battery went from "M" to "H".

Cons:The temperature is artifically inflated from body heat while wearing the watch, but it appears to be accurate while the watch is not being worn, albiet not practical.

Other Thoughts:I haven't had a chance to use the depth gage and compare it against my dive computer.I would assume that it will never be a replacement for a dive computer, but I think the dive log feature is something that I am going to use.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Men's Sea Pathfinder Solar Atomic Watch #SPW1000-2V

No comments:

Post a Comment