12/25/2009

Review of Timex Men's Ironman 30-Lap Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch #T5H981

I've owned many of the Timex Ironman watches including 4 of this style with the metal bands over the last 20 or so years. All have been great watches. I bought this watch only because my present watch battery is dying and the casing is looking aged - letters are worn and faded - not as dressy as when new, but still a great watch.
However, this watch has a design flaw - a weak point in the pin where the band connects to the watch. I bought my watch in November and the pin broke twice - within 3 weeks each time. Both of the times the watch had slipped down against against where my hand meets my wrist. When I used my hand to get up from sitting on a bleacher seat, the leverage from the hand against the band snapped the pin. The second break happened in a similar matter. Nothing unusually stressful. Never had this happen with any of my other Timex watches. The design flaw is that the pin is not replaceable by the user. There's no way to get to the pin or to replace it. Fortunately, I was able to return my watch where I bought it each time it broke.(The store agreed they couldn't fix it). The last time was for good. I immediately had a new $4 battery put in my older Ironman and it's working like new again. Still faded, but working great. Hope Timex can correct this flaw with the band because I like the way this watch looks and functions. You expect Ironman watches AND their bands to be tougher than this.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Timex Men's Ironman 30-Lap Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch #T5H981

No comments:

Post a Comment