11/09/2009

Review of Casio Men's Ana-Digi Alarm Chronograph Dive Watch #AMW320D-9EV

After about seven years of great service, my wrist now bears a dead AMW320D (great name, eh, really trips off the tongue).I went in for my third battery replacement and the jeweler told me that corrosion had eaten away at the movement.The first time I replaced the battery I learned that the seal had to be broken and the watch might no longer resist water.The soft rubbery plastic strap died long ago, replaced by a superior twist-o-flex-style metal wrist band.
Now you might think I'm dissatisfied.But I intend to order another the minute (or so -- I don't have a working watch) I finish writing this review.Why?It has been a great watch.Analog plus digital gives me easy-to-read intuitive time checking, along with all the bells and whistles of silicon: multiple times, alarm, stop watch, and calendar.The outer ring on the face lets me rotate the "north" arrow to a future time, say 45 minutes from now, and I know time's up when the minute hand gets there.(I have no idea why the face ring has compass points and degrees marked on it -- to fool one's friends?)The watch has been rugged, holding up to the shock of using hoes and axes, although I didn't push my luck if I remembered to take it off.
I'm looking at my old friend, now motionless and blank, and figure he had a pretty good run.Time's up for this timepiece, at a cost of a little more than $10 per year. Since I bought the last one on display at Mervyn's, I didn't get a box or manual and didn't even know what it was called AMW320D until looking it up on the web just now.AMW320D I didn't even know your name all these great years together.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Men's Ana-Digi Alarm Chronograph Dive Watch #AMW320D-9EV

No comments:

Post a Comment