9/21/2009

Review of Casio Women's Baby-G G-MS Pink Watch #MSG160D-4V

Let me start by saying that the only reason that I didn't give this watch a fifth star is for the features that I wish Casio would have offered in it.This may be unfair since, in and of itself, this is a great watch.

It is a mystery to me why Casio would produce a *mostly* stainless steel watch with a silver resin bezel and timepiece base.Why not go all the way with the metal?!?That aside, the only other complaint that I have is that Casio doesn't offer the solar powered and atomic watch capabilities in watches sized for women.

Call me a geek but I love precision features!And I don't want to look like a guy while sporting said features.I'm an engineer and a new mom and this watch was the best fit for my current needs.Around Valentine's Day, my husband declared war on my dirty orange (but still sleek, feminine, and function rich) Timex Ironman watch.The problem with resin watches (other than black ones)is that the resin gets dirty and/or scraped over time.His suggestion was to find a new watch ... and fast.As mother to a newborn, I required even more precision features than ever.Timex Ironman would again have had my business but for their lack of non-resin women's Ironman watches.

Casio baby-G to the rescue!Things I swoon over about my pink baby-G:

1.Its pink face, surround, and el light.
2.Its metal watch and band ... well, mostly (refer to complaints above).
3.Its Daylight Savings Time feature ... very cool and ultra convenient.
4.Its second time zone.
5.It shows day and date along with the time (I wish it also showed month -- and year, for that matter).
6.Five alarms!
7.Beeps on the hour (optional but I like it on).
8.Zeroes out the seconds intelligently when setting the time to GMT.
9.Water resistant to 100m (very important during baby baths, spitup, and other liquid emergencies).
10. Relatively shockproof (I don't have to think twice about harming it).

In short, I want a watch that looks great, does its job (and a half), and requires very little maintenance on my part.This Casio offering is the best fit I've found and melds into all aspects of my life from working out to going out to my everyday mom duties.And best of all -- my husband loves it!Just last night he commented on how "pretty" it looks on me.

Casio, you did a great job on this design but you can do better.What is THE DEAL with the tiny parts of resin on this otherwise metal beauty??!!

P.S.I already told my husband that as soon as Casio makes a solar atomic watch for women, I will be sporting it on my wrist.Not bad for a woman who thought she'd be a lifelong Timex customer.





Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Women's Baby-G G-MS Pink Watch #MSG160D-4V

No comments:

Post a Comment