10/25/2009

Review of Casio Men's G-Shock Classic Digital Watch #DW9052-1V

I'm a building contractor who's been wearing G-shocks since 1986.I've probably gone through five of them.With the earlier models I was always having to replace the watch band because I brutalized them so badly on the jobsite.The most recent one I bought was the DW9052.Good watch and the band lasted very well, but the battery is starting to go so I've ordered a new Gulfman.The problem with the DW9052watch is that the battery is only rated for two years.Granted, I got nearly four years out of it, but I'm buying the Gulfman this time because it has a battery that is rated for seven years. Of course, it costs twice as much, which proves you get what you pay for.(Never pay to have a battery replaced in a G-shock, since they can't guarantee it will remain waterproof after they open the watchcase.)

G-shocks in general are the sturdiest watches ever built. I've beaten the hell out of mine for over 20 years.To borrow a phrase from another manufacturer, "they take a lickin and keep on tickin."

One more thing: if a G-shock is your every day watch and you own a dress watch as well, be careful when you wear the dress watch.They aren't as forgiving as G-shocks.You forget you are wearing them and end up going body surfing or something.It's happened twice to me while on vacation. I destroyed a Universal Geneve that my wife bought me in Singapore and nearly ruined a Tissot.My wife was not amused.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Men's G-Shock Classic Digital Watch #DW9052-1V

No comments:

Post a Comment