10/16/2009

Review of Casio Women's Baby-G Urban Style Jelly Watch #BG1302-4

Bought this one for my wife. She can't seem to buy a watch that lasts over a year for her. I only buy Casio because they about never fail to last forever. I about have to take a hammer to mine to make an excuse to buy a new one. I have 3 casios that I trade off.

Anyway, the problem with Casio is they are a man's thing. They don't make eligent women's watches so my wife wouldn't buy one. I bought this one for her because like other G watches it is probably indestructable and I hoped she would be OK with its size and appearance. Well it looks OK and she seems to like the appearance well enough to wear it. She works hard and has her hands in water alot and likes not having to worry about getting the watch wet. Additionally, the watch has great features including the timer function. None of mine have that and I wish they did.

She hasn't had it long enough to see how long it will last for her, but I imagine it will last until she decides to take a hammer to it!

Here are my only gripes with her watch, which don't bother her at all. The display is a little bit light. Its readable enough, but the contrast is not nearly as good as other Casios I've seen. This is not a big problem, though, and this characteristic might enhance the battery life, which leads me to my final comment...

Casio women's watches only have an expected battery life of 2 or 3 years (or at least the ones that I've seen). Men's Casios are 5 to 10 years, and of course if you buy a solar rechargable one, I guess theoretically the battery could last a life time. Why can't they make women's watches with a battery life of 5 to 10 years.

Oh well, this Baby-G battery is good for 3 years, which is a least 3 times longer than my wife has ever had a watch to even run. Besides, I can just replace to battery if it dies before the watch!

Oh, I forgot, the accuracy on my wife's watch is actually better than the guaranteed accuracy of +-15 seconds per month. It runs about 11 seconds slow per month, which is just a little over 2 minutes per year. That's pretty good.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Women's Baby-G Urban Style Jelly Watch #BG1302-4

No comments:

Post a Comment